How to Get Killer Abs
Want to know how to get that Instagram body? Hate to break it to you but that is only but a dream. However, there are at-home workouts that can help you achieve that but here’s the catch: it isn’t easy to achieve it. Abdominal muscles play a crucial role in posture, overall strength, athletic skill, balance, and stability. They also support respiratory functions such as breathing. Abdominal muscles help you to have full control over your body movements and increase your ability to stay steady. But remember Abs aren’t the ultimate sign of fitness! It’s part of your fitness journey.
Having a proper diet, discipline, and exercise is a perfect mix but that doesn’t mean you have to say no to cheeseburgers and chocolates. It just means you have to lay off of them for a while to achieve the abs you absolutely want. Luckily for you, we’re here to give you some tips on which workouts will work in your favor.
According to Yuri Elkaim from U.S News, you can do 100 crunches every day and you still will not get the results that you want. Exercise alone will not cut it and it all starts from what you eat in the kitchen. So, let’s start your quest for a Killer Abs with the best diet.
Best Diet for Killer Abs
A great workout can be undone by poor eating habits. Chiseling your midsection requires not just abs exercises but a proper diet that complements your exercise routine. Aside from hitting the gym, having the right foods can help you get abs faster in a healthy manner.
You have to clean up your diet. The ultimate goal is to decrease your overall body fat. So, avoid processed foods and decrease sugar intake. The first step to finding your six-pack is to clean up your diet. You should also try to avoid processed carbs as much as you can. Include more vegetables and fruits.
Eat enough Protein
Many people fail to realize the importance of protein when trying to develop lean muscle and consequently great abs. Upping your intake of high-protein foods supports muscle growth on your road to killer abs.
More Fat but Less Carbs
A small amount of fat is an essential part of a healthy, balanced diet. They are really important for proper functioning and to prevent you from becoming overly ravenous. Eat half a gram for every pound of your target body weight. If your goal is to weigh 200, you should eat 100 grams.
High-fiber foods keep you active with fewer calories. High-fiber foods help your digestive system working properly. They also help you to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
List of foods perfect for Killer Abs
Eggs: Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high-quality protein.
Bananas: Bananas contain several essential nutrients. Bananas help digestion, improve heart health, and facilitate weight loss.
Apples: Each apple contains 5 grams of fiber as well as pectin, which is a natural fat burner.
Fortified Milk: The protein in milk is about 20 percent whey and 80 percent casein. Both are high-quality proteins.
Yogurt: Incorporating this calcium and protein source into your daily meals will help you eliminate fat, especially around your stomach.
Green Tea: Green Tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which have thermogenic properties that improve the metabolism of the body. Green tea aids in weight loss and promotes a healthy brain and heart.
Oats: Oats are low calorie and high fiber foods. Consuming oats is great for a perfect body. Oats are considered a powerhouse of essential nutrients.
4 Workouts for Killer Abs
If you want to develop a flatter belly and stronger core, try Dumbbell Crunch.
- First things first, you must lay your back against the floor or mat with your knees bent. Make sure that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Grab your lightweight dumbbell with two hands, palms facing each other. Extend your arms above your chest and slightly bend your elbows.
- Slowly lift your head, shoulders, and upper body while keeping the elbow in the same angle.
- Once you have reached the top of the movement, lower your body back down to the starting position to create one rep. Repeat 10-12 times and do 3 sets with 30 seconds of rest every time you finish a set. Make sure that the weight of the dumbbell is something you can do 10-12 reps with.
The most important benefit of the dumbbell crunch is that along with strengthening the abs, it helps you stabilizing other muscles as well.
Barbell Floor Wiper
If you are looking for a free weights exercise for your abs, Barbell Floor Wiper is perfect for you. The beauty of this exercise is that you only need a barbell and exercise mat to do this exercise.
- To prepare yourself, rest your back on the floor or the mat then grasp your barbell into your hands, arms fully extended above your chest.
- Straighten and squeeze your legs together and raise them to the left.
- Lowering it back to the middle, stopping right before your leg touches the ground, and lift your legs to the right side then slowly drop your legs back in to the middle and that completes one rep.
- Repeat the movement until you reach 8 to 10 reps.
In doing this exercise, a handful of muscles benefit will strengthen, not just your core. The other muscles that take part in the barbell floor wiper are the arms, legs, chest, obliques, and lower back.
Barbell Floor Wiper engages the core abdominal muscle. It also works on the hip flexors and rectus abdominis. It’s also beneficial for oblique muscles at the sides of your waist.
Dead bug exercise is an awesome way to build core strength and stabilization. As much as the name is quite funny, dead bug is rather simple yet effective. This may look easy, but it actually requires a lot of control, especially on your core. Doing it correctly, the dead bug improves your posture and balance. It’s really helpful for people with arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, and lower back pain. Old folks can do it as well!
- Begin lying on your back with your arms extended straight above you toward the ceiling.
- Lift your legs so your knees come directly over your hips.
- Now while exhaling gently lower your right arm and left leg at the same time
- Then inhale and bring them back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same to the opposite side, this time lower your left arm and right leg.
- Then inhale and bring them back to the starting position.
- Do the same number of repetitions on each side.
The dead bug is the most effective way to strengthen your abs without putting unnecessary stress on your lower back.
According to a study done by ACE Bicycle Crunch is the best Abs exercise.
- Begin lying on your back. Keep your feet on the floor and hands behind your head.
- Hold your head gently with your hands and then slowly raise your head and shoulders slightly above the floor.
- Bring your knees in towards your chest. Slowly lift your shoulder blades off the ground.
- Straighten your right leg. Twist upper portion body to the left. Bring your right elbow towards the left knee.
- Lower your leg and arm at the same time and alternate to twist to the other side.
Bicycle Crunches strengthen your core muscles and improve endurance.
3 Common Abs Workout Mistakes
Avoiding weight: Some people are not that comfortable with adding weights to their abs workout. Adding weights to your abdominal work will help you to get Killer Abs.
Ignoring Isolation Exercises: Isolation exercises allow you to focus on just one area. In our case, rectus abdominis.
Only doing Abs training: You can develop a killer abs by doing crunches. However, you have to include other exercises to your exercise routine to lose the surrounding fat.
You don’t have to got at it alone. The Empire Fitness Community provides motivation and inspiration to help you through journey. You can work on getting those killer abs within shortest possible time. Empire Fitness Clubs combines high-intensity cardio with weight exercises that work your core from every single angle. Join Today!
Killer abs don’t just look good—it benefits your health in many ways. The benefits of abs extend to daily function, sports performance, and physical health.